Linked Music Goes OutdoorsOn Our Show: July 21, 2012
About Linked Music Goes Outdoors:
Host Peter Cummings goes behind-the-scenes for an insider’s look at music festivals beginning with the 75th anniversary celebration of Tanglewood, summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Next we’ll hear from members of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, the New York Philharmonic, and also learn about what it’s like to perform at the breathtaking Deer Valley Music Festival and, of course, the iconic Hollywood Bowl.
Hear from some of the musicians, a conductor, and an orchestra manager behind the great performances at lush outdoor surroundings that can attract tens of thousands of listeners. Along the way, listen to some of the great music on the bill this summer. So grab your picnic basket and join us as Linked Music goes “tailgating with style.”
Peter will also showcase great recordings from premier outdoor concert venues around the country.
- Lawrence Wolfe, assistant principal bassist, Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Mark Volpe, managing director, Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Corbin Wagner, French horn player, Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Haden McKay, cellist, Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Micehele Grego, bassoonist, Los Angeles Philharmonic
- David Finlayson, trombonist, New York Philharmonic
- Larry Zalkind, trombonist, Utah Symphony
- Leonard Slatkin, music director, Detroit Symphony Orchestra (and guest conductor at the Los Angeles Philharmonic)